I do not know if it is the fault of the sudden winter, the lack of light, or the constant rain but this week I am reflective. That is why I have launched myself to write about this wonderful profession. In passing, I take the opportunity to tell you why you should hire a designer and why this decision will save you time and money.
Why you should hire a designer?
You will think that I am sweeping home with this article. A little yes, although what I really want is to defend this profession and try to explain why it is so important. In the eyes of many, we are still a union that does “easy things.” Because this web design is not that complicated. «I have a cousin who knows Photoshop who makes me a website in one afternoon«.
The truth is that installing WordPress and putting a template is very simple. But this is not designing a website, in fact, it has nothing to do with it. Designing a website is not filling in the blank spaces of a template with random text. There is a creative work behind where the brand identity is worked. The elements are not placed at random, the strategic position of all of them is defined within the web.
If your blog is a hobby for you or you have just started a business and you do not have many means, it is normal that you want to do without this expense and there is nothing wrong. However, if you are serious about your business and you know that you want to make a living from your blog, you should think about having a professional design from the beginning. I assure you that you will save a lot of headaches, time, and money.
If you order the web from your cousin, it is very possible that …
- Your website is one more in the world 2.0, something of the pile. At first, you will not mind, you will think «I already have the website set up which is what I wanted and when I start selling and making money I will fix it».
- Your brand will present a sloppy and unprofessional image. The colors and fonts will not be aligned with the values of your company so they will not represent you. Meaning and coherence will be lacking in the elements of the web.
- Surely your sales will not skyrocket as you had imagined. Then you will start to think about what you have done wrong and you will read all the blogs in the world hoping to find the solution.
- In a fit of madness, you will decide to buy yourself a Themeforest Template (the kind that works miracles) hoping that it will be the holy grail and fix all your problems.
- A year later. After not having been able to meet objectives with the web, you will decide to throw the house out the window and call a designer.
If you hire a designer …
- From the beginning, it will study the needs of your brand to find an image that represents you.
- The colors and fonts will not be chosen at random and you will notice that everything fits perfectly. You will feel so identified when you see the result that you will ask yourself “why haven’t I done this before?”
- Your Template will be unique, completely personalized, and designed for you. You will not have to fill in empty spaces because there will not be.
- Your website will stand out above the others and it will be easier for you to sell or attract customers. You will save yourself the regrets and doubts, the nights eating roof thinking that you are doing everything wrong.
- A year later. You will have more than recovered the money invested. You will be proud of the design of your website and you will want the whole world to see it. And most importantly, you will have a business that works.
It is clear that hiring a designer can save you a lot of time but what many people do not think is that time is money. If instead of losing that first year doing tests and eating your head you decide to launch yourself seriously, it is very possible that you will start to have benefits sooner.
Of course, this is just my opinion. I fully understand that sometimes that first year of doubts is necessary to see things clearly. In any case, I hope I have clarified a little for you about the work that a designer does. I hope that this blog post has given you a different opening respecting Why you should hire a designer for your business.